Collins Products LLC
6410 Highway 66 Klamath Falls
This position provides purchasing expertise for a multi-facility woods products company. The Purchasing Manager will plan, execute and finalize purchasing strategies to ensure all procurement needs are met for the manufacturing requirements of all locations within The Collins Companies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implement procurement strategy and policies.
- Ability to forecast procurement needs.
- Provide purchasing support for capital equipment, material, construction, maintenance, chemicals and other commodities ensuring compliance with Company policy.
- Acquire materials and services within budget and facilitate communication between the company and its providers.
- Responsible for negotiating favorable terms and contracts for the procurement of goods, services and supplies considering price, quality, delivery, warranty, etc. in a timely manner.
- Evaluate suppliers to ensure store inventories are maintained and deliveries are timely.
- Work with management and engineering to identify new product needs and identify new sources in order to meet business needs.
- Maintain Collins business integrity and reputation in all transactions.
- Comply with all antitrust laws and all other laws and regulations applicable to purchasing transactions.
- Management of MAXIMO purchasing transactions and processes.
- Administer contracts/agreement processes consisting of letting bids, bidding, interviewing, and vendor selection.
- Liaise with Accounts Payable to ensure accurate and timely payments of invoices as necessary to continue positive business relationships.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable new products or services with users, vendors and others to determine cause of problem and take corrective action.
- Prepare purchase orders, approve and issue orders in accordance with Company policies and negotiated terms and conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline.
- 5 years previous purchasing experience in the area of manufacturing.
- Proficient in inventory management.
- Previous experience bidding, negotiating, preparing and administering contracts and agreements.
- Working knowledge of accounting functions that applies to purchasing.
- Ability to proficiently operate a personal computer and associated software (Windows, Word, Excel).
- Strong team, interpersonal, communication (oral & written) and presentation skills a must.
- Basic knowledge of law of contracts and agency.
- Ability to work with a wide range of sales, manufacturing, management personnel, technical personnel, engineers, etc.
- Prefer a background in Wood Products Manufacturing.
- Organized, self-motivated, pro-active and the ability to get the job done.
Job Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
Send Resumes To:
Human Resources, 6410 Highway 66, Klamath Falls, OR 97601
EOE, including disability/veterans
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.