Assistant Supervisor/Quality Control
Collins Products LLC
6410 Highway 66 Klamath Falls
This entry level management position offers challenges and opportunities in the supervisory, technical, and leadership aspects of composite panel manufacturing. The successful candidate will be working within a team environment evaluating products, testing physical properties and analyzing data for process control and continuous improvement. This position will provide backup supervision as necessary for the Shift Supervisor.
- Determine the physical properties of our products in accordance with established procedures.
- Work with team members to continuously improve the product and process with the primary goal of meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Assure products are within required specifications at all times during production, finishing and shipping.
- Participate in teams working on opportunities to promote manufacturing excellence.
- Provide first line supervisory coverage for the supervisor during periods of absence
- Ability to act spontaneously to changing needs of the production line and the workforce.
- Assist in carrying out the workload of the shift supervisor, including employee discipline and training.
- Maintain the working relationship with the union by following the terms of the existing Working Agreement (contract).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Willingness and flexibility to work various shifts that may include Saturday and Sunday work as part of the normal work week.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated team member possessing the ability and initiative to cultivate an atmosphere of employee involvement.
- Computer skills including spreadsheet, word processing, and data base familiarity.
- Preference may be given to those with a Bachelor’s Degree in Wood Science Technology, Forestry, Engineering, or equivalent manufacturing experience.
Job Closing Date
Open Until Filled
EOE, including disability/Veterans
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.