Klamath Family Head Start
1940 S. 6th Street, Klamath Falls
Salaried, exempt position
Hours: 40 hours per week, 43- 45 paid weeks per year
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Provide overall guidance and direction for the implementation of information and communication systems throughout the agency necessary for efficient, reliable operation of computer systems, networks and endpoints. Give technical project oversight, coordination and management of projects. Serve as contact for all vendor installed applications and systems. Design and implement system security processes. Develop and provide training for users.
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with management team to develop and maintain agency-wide information technology strategic plan including present and future needs for systems, networks, data collection, and user support. Recommend goals and objectives to ensure effective systems integration and compliance.
- Participate in program planning for procedure and policy changes, budget strategy and equipment/facility needs.
- Provide leadership in information technology in collaboration with WIPFLI support team.
- Review, analyze, develop, install, configure and maintain agency’s operating systems. Analyze, detect, diagnose, report and resolve operating system related problems on servers.
- Review, plan, and evaluate network systems. Troubleshoot network systems and recommend improvements to network. Install, configure and maintain network. Build and test networks and maintain external and internal web presence; administer the networks.
- Develop and provide training and support to end users. Identify, research and resolve technical problems. Track and monitor issues to ensure timely resolution.
- Maintain and upgrade communication systems. Program new installations and changes to phones. Analyze, diagnose and resolve problems or respond to questions from users regarding phone, cell phone. Program voicemail.
- Process orders for service changes. Coordinate phone, cell phone changes with third-party vendors. Assist with monthly cell phone billing review.
- Install, configure, test, develop and maintain endpoints and software; maintain and modify operating systems; integrate vendor-supplied software into existing systems.
- Be responsible for the interfacing of computer and communications equipment.
- Ensure work complies with agency standards.
- Develop and monitor program policies regarding access to computer systems, files, etc.
- Establish and maintain reports and reporting procedures and prepare/update documentation as required.
- Remain current on technology developments and needs through vendor demonstrations, technical literature and actively continue to research emerging technologies and their impact on Klamath Family Head Start.
- Utilize available program and community resources to best meet the needs of the program.
- Maintain inventory of all computer back-ups, software and hardware components.
- Oversee licensing for all individual software and components.
- Obtain competitive bids for program equipment needed. Use hardware and software procurement best practices and standardization as necessary.
- Submit requests for purchase to the Executive Director for approval.
- Communicate with the Leadership Team to gather information on computer training needs of staff.
- Provide training to parents and staff as directed.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings as scheduled.
- Attend and participate in agency trainings and in-services.
- Maintain viable backups of all operating software and data. Perform system backups and recovery.
- Design and implement system security and disaster recovery plans. Maintain data files and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Test and refine system applications to correct errors and ensure intended goals are achieved. Design and support server systems and supporting software.
- Maintain system confidentiality for program information.
- Assignment and oversight of appropriate community volunteers.
- Coordinate with the managers for daily duty assignments.
- Report to the Executive Director when a situation needs care or repair.
- Serve as Child Plus software administrator and assist in user technical support.
- Coordinate with staff to gather and analyze data and provide reports as requested.
- Provide ongoing support for program’s website in collaboration with website’s developers.
- Web-based analytics including implementation in program website as well as understanding and interpreting results for use in planning and improvement.
- Possess either BA or BS in computer information science, management information systems (MIS), or a related field, accreditation must be accepted by the state of Oregon.
- At least 2 years experience in network and/or systems-related analysis, design, installation and maintenance OR a satisfactory equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
Demonstrate the ability to:
- work on exacting analytical work and with abstract concepts to do technical analysis;
- work with minimum supervision;
- follow instructions and accept direction of others;
- maintain professional composure under pressure;
- communicate professionally and effectively both orally and in writing;
- organize and manage time and tasks efficiently;
- approach issues with an attitude of learning and an intent to guide and mentor;
- adapt quickly to changes, embrace challenges and problem solve in the moment.
- Employment is contingent upon evidence of registry with the Oregon Office of Child Care, Early Learning Division- Central Background Registry.
- Must have a negative pre-employment substance abuse screening and TB Clearance.
- Possess a valid driver's license and a clean driving record or have reliable transportation.
After employment must obtain:
- Physical Examination - See policy Pers-07-716.
- Provide evidence of auto insurance; to be eligible for mileage reimbursement or to drive a Head Start vehicle.
- Obtain DMV driving record document each year if driving Head Start vehicle or requesting mileage reimbursement.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.